Tipping your dog walker or pet sitter is never mandatory, but it is greatly appreciated, especially when your sitter has gone above and beyond the basic care.
How much should I tip?
There is really not an easy answer for this. Emily Post does not have suggestions on how much to tip your dog walker or pet sitter on a regular basis, she does however offer some holiday thank you advice . We always tell clients never to feel like they have to tip, only tip when and how much they feel comfortable doing.
How do I leave a tip?
Tips can be left in cash form at the house or included directly in your payment to Lake Minnetonka Pet Sitters. If you do choose to leave cash, please make sure it is in an envelope or has a note with the sitter or company name on it. At Lake Minnetonka Pet Sitters tips colllected are given 100% to your sitter or sitters. If more than one sitters is caring for your pets the amount is split accordingly to how many visits each sitter has provided.
Other options for saying thank you to your sitter.
Thanking your dog walker and pet sitter can come in other forms besides tipping.
- Gift cards to gas stations, coffee shops or local restaurants.
- Treats –chocolate is a staff favorite, but please place it where your pets can not get into it.
- Hand written thank you cards.
- Place a review on Google or Angie’s List. Sitters love to see the acknowledgements on-line.
- Overnight care package. We have clients leave us goodies like popcorn, snacks or even little soaps.
Why would you tip a dog walker or sitter?